The holidays are drawing near, and a favorite combination is making its appearance: Peppermint & Chocolate! Enjoy this duo of mouth-watering flavors as we unveil our latest holiday delight in honor of National Peppermint Bark Day: Peppermint Brownie Date Bark! If you’ve been online lately, you may have seen the sensation of “Date Bark”. We’re making this trendy treat a little easier to create, and a lot more tasty! A harmonious blend of rich, velvety chocolate pairs beautifully with the natural sweetness of dates, and refreshing zing of peppermint. This recipe is sure to capture the spirit of the holidays. Let's turn your kitchen into a haven of seasonal joy with this irresistible, better-for-you twist on a classic that's sure to become a cherished part of your holiday traditions!
Peppermint Brownie Date Bark Recipe
- 8 Peppermint Brownie Kids Snack Bars
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- Flaky salt
- Optional: White chocolate chips for marbled effect
1. Prepare the Base:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap and arrange 8 Peppermint Brownie Kids Snack Bars into a square on the parchment paper.
2. Create the Bark:
- Using a can or rolling pin, flatten the Bars together and roll out until you have one large sheet, approximately half the thickness of the original Bars.
- Optional: Using a butter knife, trim any uneven edges for a neat appearance.
3. Melt Dark Chocolate:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt a cup of dark chocolate chips with two tablespoons of ghee in 10 second intervals.
4. Apply Chocolate Base:
- Once the chocolate is evenly melted with no lumps, spoon it over the base of the Bars.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate, ensuring it reaches the edges of the Bars.
5. Freeze the Bark:
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and let it set for 1-2 hours.
6. Finishing Touch:
- Remove the bark from the freezer and sprinkle flaky salt on top for an extra layer of flavor.
- Optional Marbled Effect: If desired, repeat the chocolate melting steps using white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the white chocolate over the dark chocolate layer in quick back-and-forth motions, creating a marbled look.
8. Final Freeze, and Enjoy:
- Return the baking sheet to the freezer to set the additional layers.
- Once fully set, break the Peppermint Brownie Date Bark into delightful pieces and savor the perfect blend of sweetness and festive cheer.