Date Bark to Sweeten Your Season
The recipe so popular - we brought it back! Enjoy two new versions of the viral Date Bark, made with a holiday twist. This bark is so versatile and comes together in just 15 minutes of prep work. We've come up with two holiday-themed barks that are sure to be a hit this year! For true chocolate lovers, use Chocolate Hazelnut Kids Snack Bars as the soft and chocolatey base. Top with dark chocolate for a rich and tasty treat, packed with antioxidants and gut-healthy ingredients. For the cinnamon lovers, use the naturally sweet and delicious Jolly Gingerbread Kids Snack Bars to complete your date bark base, and top with luscious white chocolate. Bring the holidays to life with treats that will taste amazing, and nourish you along the way!
Holiday Date Bark Recipes
- 8 Jolly Gingerbread or Chocolate Hazelnut Kids Snack Bars
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- Flaky salt
1. Prepare the Base:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap and arrange 8 of the Kids Snack Bars of your choice into a square on the parchment paper.
2. Create the Bark:
- Using a can or rolling pin, flatten the Bars together and roll out until you have one large sheet, approximately half the thickness of the original Bars.
- Optional: Using a butter knife, trim any uneven edges for a neat appearance.
3. Melt Dark or White Chocolate:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt a cup of dark or white chocolate chips with two tablespoons of ghee in 10 second intervals.
4. Apply Chocolate Base:
- Once the chocolate is evenly melted with no lumps, spoon it over the base of the Bars.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate, ensuring it reaches the edges of the Bars.
- Optional: While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle on toppings of your choice. (Coconut shreds, granola, crushed hazelnuts, etc.)
5. Freeze the Bark:
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and let it set for 1-2 hours.
6. Finishing Touch:
- Remove the bark from the freezer and let it rest for 10 minutes before chopping it into single-serving triangle shapes.